Thursday, November 15, 2007

Uncle Mike's Belt Holster with Thumb-Snap Review

I'm going to keep this one short, because I've already done a review of the UM paddle holster, and this one is mostly the same.

I ordered this one for large frame Glocks (20, 21, 21SF). It fits all Glocks pretty well, and the Marui Airsoft G17, which is slightly oversized. The G17 and G26 wiggle back and forth a bit in the holster, but it still works.

The thumb-snap is adjustable to a degree, but basically it sucks. The paddle that you'd flip off with your thumb is too small, and hard to hit consistently on the first try. The snap strap is entirely removable. I'm going to work on modifying it to work, or I might just start from scratch with some leather and kydex.

The belt loop itself will fit a 1.75" wide belt. There are slots in the loop for a 1.5" belt. It works well with either size belt. I think it may even work with the really wide military pistol belts, but I haven't tried it yet. The belt loop is pretty wide, and leaves the holster hanging pretty far out from your body. The holster with the belt loop is not really suitable for concealed carry, and will probably not pass as a legal IDPA holster at many ranges.

No comments: