Saturday, January 26, 2013

Vltor CASV-EL Handguard on Kel-Tec PLR16

PLR16 with modified Vltor Handguard.  Spike's Havoc launcher, because Tacticool.

Kinda funny that this should come up a few days after Eric at the Gunmart Blog posted The Definitive List - You Might Be An Internet Commando. . .  I have a Kel-Tec forum membership, because I owned a P3AT for a few months, six years ago.  So when I read, "… if you are a member of the Kel-Tec forum but don’t own a Kel-Tec," on the list, it gave me a big stupid smile.  "I resemble that remark."

Anyway, KTOG member 3badkids posted an illustrated guide on how to modify a Vltor CASV-EL handguard on a PLR16 pistol.  The photo above is the result.  The Kel-Tec front sight becomes superfluous, but you can put whatever BUIS you want on the top rail.  Kudos, for out of the box thinking and ingenuity.

Now, if I could just get my hands on a PLR16, a CASV-EL, an AR stock adapter, and a SBR tax stamp. . . 

No comments: