Monday, July 12, 2010

Shooting/RKBA Shows on Spike Next Saturday

I was checking out what's on next week, and I happened to notice some new shows on the Spike network next week.

Sat, July 17th, 10 a.m. EST
Practical Tactical

Sat, July 17th, 10 a.m. EST
Conceal + Carry = Survive

Before those is Because Lives Depend On It, at 9:30 a.m., but the name of the show and the description given by the Comcast Cable DVR is vague, and I'm not really sure what it's about.  I can't find anything about these shows on the Spike network Website.

UPDATE, 7/18/2010: Conceal + Carry = Survive now called Concealed & Carry SchoolBecause Lives Depend On It is a self-defense show, and, so far, is the only one to feature a significant amount of shooting.  Although the shows are pretty short, I like the content so far.  I think they are showing shooters, and those concerned with self-defense in a positive way.

UPDATE, 8/1/2010: Found the website.  http://www.dontbeavictimtv.com/

Because Lives Depend On It is a tactics show.  This weekend they had Larry Vickers on to show how to work with a pistol and weapon-mounted or hand-held flashlight.  Last week they did drills with 9mm, .45ACP, and .40S&W pistols, and discussed the pros and cons of these calibers for defense.  This show seems to have the most shooting.

Practical Tactical seems to revolve mostly around home defense.  Last weekend they focused on a hi-tech home with a lot of panic room features.  This week they brought in K-9 professionals to talk about the use of a dog for home defense.

Concealed & Carry School
is about what it sounds like.  Mostly it is interviews with people that are going to the school.  Why they went, how they felt about it, what they are getting out of it.

UPDATE, 8/21/2010:  Another show added last week, I think.  It's called What If.  Last week it covered the shooting at the Holocost Museum in Washington, D.C..  This week it was a shooting at a restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown.  The show suggests things you might do if you mind yourself in these kinds of situations.

2 comments:

BUFF_dragon said...

I'm loving these shows.... they record on my DVR every saturday morning and I watch them whenever I get a chance... its GREAT

They're presented in a way that does not make the gun and self defense culture look like a bunch of crazies. Its a really fresh look from a major cable channel, I LIKE IT!!!

Suburban said...

I'm not sure Spike qualifies as "a major cable channel," and I could live without the blatant product placement, but I certainly don't disagree that the shows are doing a good job of dispelling the crazy gun-nut, militia, mall-ninja whacko stereotype. The Concealed Carry Class show, particularly, seems to be doing a lot to humanize those that wish to defend themselves.

I guess Because Lives Depend On It is probably my favorite though. 15 minutes of free training? Yes, please!