Sunday, July 21, 2019

My Holosun HS507C is Dying/Dead

Okay, I guess I've joined the club.  My Holosun HS507C is failing me.  Yes, I knew going in that this was a possibility, but I didn't really think it would happen so soon.


I bought the Holosun from Aim Surplus on April 14th, with the intention of just trying out the slide-ride red dot concept.  I got about 425 rounds of 9mm fired before it started to shut itself off.  Today I took it out, and fired about three rounds, and then the reticle disappeared.  I can turn it back on, which puts it back into auto-brightness mode, which doesn't work well at all, and then a few rounds later it's turned off again.  It is rather hot today, but I know that hot for July in Pennsylvania only qualifies as "warm" for a place like Louisiana.

I have made no attempt to "torture test" the sight.  Never banged it against anything to rack the slide.  This is just 425 rounds of normal use with standard pressure 9mm.

Although changing settings is somewhat complicated with only two buttons, I like the Eotech-type reticle for this kind of application, and was enjoying using the sight.

I filed a warranty claim with Holosun on July 30th.  I haven't yet received any phone calls or emails yet.
EDIT: Received return label on August 7th
EDIT: Replacement sight shipped August 26th

No comments: